Category 3 OTC medicines
New Mytear® A
For dryness of eyes and eyestrain
- This is an artificial tear-type eye drop with mild sensation. It supplies the moisture of tears that is important to the eyes and improves eyestrain from dryness of eyes, etc.
- This medicine has a viscosity close to tears, and stabilizes the layer of tears covering the surface of the cornea, improving dryness of eyes.
- This medicine contains glucose, a nutritional ingredient included in tears; it promotes metabolic processes of the eyes and soothes tired eyes.
- This medicine is an eye drop close to tears.
- The ion balance of sodium, potassium, and calcium was made closer to normal tears.
- This medicine contains calcium that is important for maintaining the function and transparency of the cornea.
- pH, osmotic pressure ratio, and viscosity were made closer to normal tears.
- Clear and colorless eye drop
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
Who should seek consultation
1. The following persons should consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson* before using this medicine:
- Persons under treatment by a physician
- Persons who have had allergies to medicines or something
- Persons who have suffered from the following symptom: Severe eye pain
- Persons diagnosed with the following condition: Glaucoma
2. Stop using this medicine immediately and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson if the following symptoms appear after using this medicine because they might be side effects of the medicine. Take this leaflet with you.
|Skin||Rashes, redness, itching|
|Eye||Hyperemia, itching, swelling, irritation|
3. Stop using this medicine immediately and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson in the following cases. Take this leaflet with you.
- If there is no improvement in your blurred vision.
- If there is no improvement in your symptoms after using this medicine for about 2 weeks.
Prevention of dry-eyes, eyestrain, foreign-body feeling by hard contact lenses, blurred vision (eye mucus)
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS
Apply 2 to 3 drops at a time, 5 to 6 times a day.
< Precautions regarding dosage and directions >
- Children are permitted to use this medicine only under the direction and supervision of a parent or other responsible adult.
- Do not touch the tip of the bottle to your eye, eyelid, or eye lashes. (If eye mucus or other foreign matter, etc. is mixed in the bottle, the medical solution can be contaminated or clouded.) In addition, do not use a clouded solution.
- Do not use this medicine while wearing soft contact lenses.
- For ophthalmic use only.
- Please follow the recommended dosage and directions.
|Calcium chloride hydrate||0.15mg|
Boric acid, sodium citrate hydrate, benzalkonium chloride, sodium borate, hydroxyethyl cellulose
PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Do not leave the medicine where the temperature might become high (especially in cars or near heating appliances).
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- To prevent improper use or loss of quality, do not transfer the medicine to another container.
- Do not transfer other things to the bottle.
- Do not share the medicine with others.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date. Even before the expiration date, use this medicine as soon as possible once the inner pouch is opened.
- Depending on the conditions of storage, ingredients of the medical solution can be crystalized and attached around the tip of the bottle or inside the cap. In such a case, wipe lightly with clean gauze before use.