Category 3 OTC medicines
New Mytear® CL -Wcare
For use on itchiness or tiredness that makes you want to rub your eyes
Before using eye drops while wearing soft contact lenses, check the instructions on the box and package insert and only use the eye drops if you can confirm that they may be used with soft contact lenses.
- This medicine can be used while wearing all types of contact lenses (soft, hard, rigid gas permeable, disposable, frequent replacement) except colored contact lenses.
- Can be used by persons who do not wear contact lenses.
- Containing maximum concentration* of Chlorpheniramine maleate, which reduces itchiness of the eye.
Containing Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride), which stimulates metabolisms in the eye, Taurine, which assists cornea repair, and Chondroitin sulfate sodium, which protects the cornea.
Effective not only against itchiness of the eye but also against eyestrain and other problems.
- Feels cool and refreshing when applied.
- Clear and colorless eye drop
*Based on the Standards for Marketing Approval of Over-the-Counter Ophthalmic Medicines
【What are “Standards for Marketing Approval…”?】
The Standards refer to requirements for pharmaceutical products set by the MHLW in order to streamline the new drug approval process.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
Who should seek consultation
1. The following persons should consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson** before using this medicine:
- Persons under treatment by a physician
- Persons who have had allergies to medicines or something
- Persons who have suffered from the following symptom: Severe eye pain
- Persons diagnosed with the following condition: Glaucoma
2. Stop using this medicine immediately and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson if the following symptoms appear after using this medicine because they might be side effects of the medicine. Take this leaflet with you.
|Skin||Rashes, redness, itching|
|Eye||Hyperemia, itching, swelling|
3. Stop using this medicine immediately and consult a physician, pharmacist, or registered salesperson in the following cases. Take this leaflet with you.
- If there is no improvement in your blurred vision.
- If there is no improvement in your symptoms after using this medicine for about 2 weeks.
Itchy eyes, eyestrain,prevention of eye troubles (after swimming, or to wash out sweat or dust etc.), ophthalmia by ultraviolet rays etc. (snow blindness etc.), foreign-body feeling by contact lenses (soft or hard contact lenses), blurred vision (eye mucus)
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS
Apply 2 to 3 drops at a time, 5 to 6 times a day.
< Precautions regarding dosage and directions>
- Children are permitted to use this medicine only under the direction and supervision of a parent or other responsible adult.
- Do not touch the tip of the bottle to your eye, eyelid, or eye lashes. (If eye mucus or other foreign matter, etc. is mixed in the bottle, the medical solution can be contaminated or clouded.) In addition, do not use a clouded solution.
- For ophthalmic use only.
- Please follow the recommended dosage and directions.
- Do not use this medicine while wearing colored contact lenses.
|Pyridoxine hydrochloride(Vitamin B6)||0.1mg|
|Sodium chondroitin sulfate||5mg|
Sodium citrate hydrate,boric acid, sodium borate, disodium edetate hydrate, macrogol 4000, chlorobutanol, l-menthol, pH control chemicals
PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Do not leave the medicine where the temperature might become high (especially in cars or near heating appliances).
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- To prevent improper use or loss of quality, do not transfer the medicine to another container.
- Do not transfer other things to the bottle.
- Do not share the medicine with others.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date. Even before the expiration date, use promptly after opening the inner bag, preferably with in 3 months, to ensure product quality. Be sure to follow the “Precautions regarding dosage and directions” and “Precautions for storage and handling” to ensure product quality.
- Depending on the conditions of storage, ingredients of the medical solution can be crystalized and attached around the tip of the bottle or inside the cap. In such a case, wipe lightly with clean gauze before use.